Re: MGA seat apholstery question

To: TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com
Subject: Re: MGA seat apholstery question
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 17:42:55 -0500
On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:32:06 -0700 (PDT) (21:32 UT) PHILIPPE TUSLER
<TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com> writes:
>I contented myself with cutting out a piece of plywood the appropriate
size,
>mounting the armrest to it, and then using short wide wood screws to
fasten it
>to the carpeting from underneath.

I would counsel against this method, having done it that way myself.
After I screwed it to the carpet, stapled down the carpet around the
transmission tunnel, and replaced the seats, I found that the armrest was
sitting too far back on the transmission tunnel. :-(    In order to
reposition it, I would have to remove the floor pan carpet, then pull up
the stapled transmission tunnel carpet to get to those damned screws to
adjust it.  In hindsight, I would go with sewing a strip of velcro to the
transmission tunnel carpet and gluing another strip on the bottom of the
armrest.  This would make the armrest infinitely adjustable on those long
trips.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX