Re: Cranks and cams

To: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Subject: Re: Cranks and cams
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 20:07:53 -0400 (EDT)
        Matt given your situation I doubt that a socket will help. You
might try putting a pipe wrench or cresant wrench on it and wacking the
wrench with a hammer. The sudden blow might over come the spinning of the
crank. If you have the Moss Motoring winter 1996 catalog (TR3 on cover)
the
article on engine rebuilding might help. One of the tips is loosen the dog
nut before removing the engine:(  Also before you pull the rear plate
be sure to index all the different size bolts.
...Art