RE: toneau bars

To: "G Graham" <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>,
Subject: RE: toneau bars
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 97 00:27:10 UT
Gary,

There is no such thing as a stupid question on this list ... although this one
does come pretty close (however, you can be forgiven because you spelled
tonneau correctly).

The tonneau bar supports the tonneau cover right behind the seats.  It helps
keep the tonneau from flapping away in the breeze and helps make the tonneau
look sharp and fit snug.  When the tonneau is used to cover the passenger side
only or as a cover for the folded down top, it provides a support to keep the
tonneau tight while the unused part of the tonneau is fastened behind the
seat(s).  You will note that the tonneau zipper ends about where it crosses
the bar.  Also, make sure that you have "socket tops" installed where the top
frame bolts on - otherwise you won't be able to use the tonneau bar.

The one I have came with the car and this is what I've been using it for -
primarily.  Perhaps it also has some uses that other listers will mention like
its use as a ramming rod to ease a the occasional feline through the exhaust
while cleaning or its use as some general, albeit, esoteric roadside tool.  I
have also used the tonneau bar as an exercise tool (repetitive wrist twisting
exercise protocol) and as a scratching device (both for the occasional itch on
the back as well as on the paint job).

Hope this helps,

Dr. Doug

Tagline ... tagline ... I don't need no stinking tagline!!!!!