Re: TD Restoration

To: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: TD Restoration
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 20:18:34 -0400
Ronald Olds wrote:

> Well Iv'e done it now, I've started my TD restoration.  Yesterday I
> started
> to disassemble the car. I'm tagging all the parts, taking lots of
> pictures
> and created a database to keep track of the parts. I would appreciate
> any
> advise on how to precede. What is the best order to do the work on the
> car?
> I  willing except any one's advise on what to do or not to do. As work
>
> precedes I'm sure I will have more specific questions to ask.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help!
>
> Ron Olds
> 50 TD (that will hopefully see the road again)

   Hi Ron,
       Welcome aboard. Been there, done that, as they say. Lots of zip
lock bags and a good marking pen will help. Take lots of photos -
before, during and after taking something apart. Get the parts book from
Abingdon Spares. Enlarge the drawings with a good copier and be able to
recognize the name and part number of everything that you take off of
the car. If you don't already have it, get a copy of Horst Schach's
book, "The Complete M.G. TD Restoration Manual". Join the NEMGTR. I'd
also suggest that you drop an e-mail note to Ken Law <bjl@mulberry.com>.
He's been doing a restoration on a TD that he obtained as "a pile of
parts". I've been very impressed with the way he's gone about the task.
Perhaps he might share some of his experiences with you.

     There are lots of other things. If you'd care to drop me line
directly I'd be happy to share my experiences with you. Good luck.
They're a lot of fun to drive.

Bud Krueger
52TD