He's b-a-a-a-a-c-k!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: He's b-a-a-a-a-c-k!
From: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 03:17:27 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, gang!

Well, we got moved to Seattle, I've found a temporary job, and my wife and I
are back to the old grind - commuting.  Ugh.  It'd be a little better if I
could do it in the 'A', but I think it's now been about 20 days straight
where it's rained at least part of the day.  I'm dusting off the ol' ark plans.

I did get to drive the MGA a little bit before the rain came; oh what fun!

Also, having moved from Manhattan, where there aren't any hills to speak of,
I am beginning to see why people swap the Chevrolet 350's into the XJ 6
Jaguars.  What a gutless wonder that car is!  Now I see why they designed it
around the V-12.  (Okay, purists, I didn't say I was going to do it.  But
with 105,000 miles on the original Jaguar engine and Lucas fuel injection,
let's just say it could be an option . . .!)

Has Deutsch been behaving himself?  :^)  (Hi David!)

I saw a good one on the Jaguar list today - the poster didn't know where he
picked it up, but credited Scions of Lucas:

Lucas Aphorisms

* Lucas - Prince of Darkness
* Lucas - inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
* The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker, and Off.
* Or the other 3 settings: Smoke, Smoulder and Open Flame?
* "The British drink warm beer because they have Lucas refrigerators." (A
golden oldie)
* "I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and never had any trou...
* How to make AIDS disappear? Give it a Lucas parts number.
* Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency,
that's all.
* In 1947, Lucas tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohm's law. They withdrew
their efforts when they met too much resistance.  (Ouch)
* Quality Assurance called and told the engineers they had trouble with
their designs shorting out.  So they made the wires longer.
* Recently, Lucas won out over Bosch to supply the electrical for the new
Volkswagens. So, now the cars from the Black Forest will come with electrics
supplied by the Prince of Darkness -- how appropriate!
* Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.
  Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb.
  Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.
* Recommended procedure before taking on repair of Lucas equipment:
Check the position of the stars, kill a chicken, and walk 3 times sunwise
around your car chanting "Oh, mighty Prince protect your unworthy servant..."
* Appropriate LBC license plate:
     ----------------------
    |    Joseph Lucas      |
    |   M T B F   1 H R    |