Re: Was Running on/Now coil output

To: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Subject: Re: Was Running on/Now coil output
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 22:44:23 +0000
> Scott,
>   The voltage at the coil hot terminal changes with load.
>   Both plain white and white with a green tracer read 12 V until the
> engine is running.
>   You have to check it with the engine running, which is the same as
> paying attention to the color.
>

> -Vince

Vince,
        I didn't mean to imply that your method was overly difficult, it's
just that I can't swear that the previous owners have kept all the
wiring stock colours, and I always feel safer if I can double check
with a multimeter to be sure.
        What years used the resistive system?  I'll check it tomorrow before
the trip, but I'll save any tinkering/changing till we're safely
home.
        Thanks again for the advice.  I'd hate to be only using half of my
coil.
Scott
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com