Re: Not Again!!!!! MGB disaster

To: "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Subject: Re: Not Again!!!!! MGB disaster
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 23:38:24 +0000
> Scott,
> I guess you don't have OD, then.  I do have more than
> 60lbs at 4250rpm (I have like 70lbs).
> I've been having oil pressure relief valve/spring problems
> recently.  My pump wasn't replaced but rumor has it
> that the springs from Moss (such as mine) are defective
> and don't hold pressure.
>
> Tyson

Nope, no OD on mine.  My oil pressure jumps to 55 psi right after I
start the car, and then stays there at pretty much any engine speed,
unless I get caught in traffic and the temp needle gets halfway
between normal and hot.  Then the pressure drops to about 40 psi at
idle.  All things considered, this sounds a little low for a fresh
rebuild with the high-flow pump and uprated spring.  I'll mention it
to the mechanic, especially since you're getting 70 psi with the
stock parts on a recent rebuild.  Of course, my gauge could be wonky.
Scott