Two Cents on Parts, British Motor Heritage, Bearings, and MGB/MGC parts

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Two Cents on Parts, British Motor Heritage, Bearings, and MGB/MGC parts
From: "Feldman, Jack" <jack@ihcmail.ih.lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 08:34:52 -0500
Just got back from about two weeks of travel and have finished plowing
through about 400 pages of digest. Would like to comment on some of the
threads:
        1. Please list parts and even cars for sale. There are a number of
sources for used parts, but the best trades or deals can be made among
ourselves. I know someone who lives in a small town and can't get parts
as easily as those who live in larger cities.
        2. The British Motor Heritage Museum publishes a catalog of many of the
cars in their collection. If you are like me, and may not get there for
some time, the large, soft covered, profusely illustrated in color,
catalog is a rare treat. It is 5bps plus shipping.
        3. Soaking bearings. Back when I had my first cars I knew a mechanic
who had jars of various kinds of bearings soaking in glass jars
(eliminated the need for labels). When he needed a bearing he bought a
new one and exchanged it for an oil soaked one.
        4. MGB/MGC parts cross reference. Get VBs MGB catalog. It also contains
diagrams and listings for C parts. If I want to know if a part from a B
will fit, I check the catalog. I also know it might not be 100%
accurate, but it is a good start.

Jack