Another fine Sunday

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Another fine Sunday
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 07:25:18 -0700
Sacramento Valley MG Club had such a good time this Sunday, I just had to
spread the word......

Ten B roadsters (9 chrome, 1 rubber) and 1 BGT enjoyed a super
end-of-season drive in almost perfect weather. Leaving various parts of the
valley in temperatures as low as 41 degrees (sorry, all tops were up!), we
met for breakfast in Angels Camp on historic Highway 49. After breakfast,
all tops down (except one couple but he is 83 and she is 78 so they were
excused!), then miles of twisty roads to cross the Sierras by way of
Ebbet's Pass - 8,370 feet at the top. Last Thursday's storm had left snow
from the 4,700 foot level, so much of the drive was a bit chilly. However,
the sky was sparklingly blue, the views fantastic and the narrow road
thankfully free of other traffic.

A 2-hour lunch stop in the 1850's village of Markleeville enabled us to
enjoy a warming brew and a bite to eat. Some just explored the historic
spots and the fascinating museum, while a few hardy souls bathed in the
local volcanic hot springs. The it was back on the road to return to the
Sacramento area via the 7,990 foot Carson Pass; more views, more
spectacular scenery, more wonderful roads on which to enjoy our Bs.

For most of the participants it was a drive of some 250 to 300 miles. There
were no breakdowns, no wire wheel failures (!), just a great day of
driving. If any of you ever manage to get to Northern California, I'd be
glad to share this drive with you and let you see just why we feel so
fortunate to live here!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center
www.britcars.com