Re: MGC Prices

To: "Feldman, Jack" <jack@ihcmail.ih.lucent.com>
Subject: Re: MGC Prices
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 09:18:16 -0500
Feldman, Jack wrote:

> I have been resisting the effort to flame Bob Allen about his ignorance
> of the Car he owns, but will resist.

Ah, starting when?

> A friend was happy to buy a perfect example for $13,000.

I'll make him orgasmic if he wants to buy my car!

> The car Bob Allen saw advertised was probable not worth the money unless
> it had that perfect restoration, but with parts  hard to find, and the
> low volume of sales for a part, they are expensive.

Come on Jack. I think your Prosac dose is fluctuating. You support a friend
that dropped $13,000 for a 'C' then you think the $12,500 is too high. Make
up your mind!

> A heater water valve for a B is about $40., for a C $70.+. I need one and
> located it in
> England at 43BPS plus a lot of shipping. I had called four places before I
> found it. The person I talked to said that he figured less than 10 were
> sold in a year world wide.

Jack is absolutely right. The anal-retentive "enthusiasts" restoring the
trailer queens to better than new condition always pay through the nose.
That gives them the right to brag that, except for the mothballs behind the
seats, their car is a 100 point car.

Stupid people like me are under the impression the heater valves are not
rocket science. In the 'C' the heater valve merely mounts inline on the hose
-- two 1/2 inch hose nipples. I seem to have stumbled onto the fact the
heater is just as efficient with the heater valve from a '60s Plymouth.

Jack, consider this a standing offer. You mail me $10,000 and I will
personally drop my car if in your driveway. Think of the DPO stories you
could tell!
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"To make a small fortune in car restoration, you need to start with a large