Re: K&N filters

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: K&N filters
From: Steven Tritle <stritle@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:34:34 -0400
Dave Houser wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with K&N Air filters on their MG's? Are
> they available for T-series?
> I am convinced that the only reason my oil is black after 3,000 miles on
> the TD is those Hellings small foam but good looking air filters I have
> on the 1-1/2's. I think that they're keeping large stones and
> dragonflies out but that's about it.
> Has anyone made a durable filtering device for their car? What are the
> clearance problems, etc.?
>
> All input gratefully accepted,
> Thanks,
> Dave Houser
Dave, I researched this some time ago and could not find K&N to fit my
TD. The oil will get dark just by periodic use and should be changed at
least every 3000 miles or sooner on a TD. I use ths Stellings/Hellings
units and they look great and were a period accessory. To keep your car
looking "right" the S/H should do just fine.

Steve
52 TD