Re: Engine rebuilds

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Engine rebuilds
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 19:44:37 -0400 (EDT)
        Look at one of the ads for rebuilt engines and notice phrase
closely inspected parts. These places play the numbers game.They may give
you a 1 year guarantee knowing that you will only drive the car for 5
months. When you do it yourself all you are looking at is the costs of the
parts (aside from the machine shop work if needed). I had the luck? once
to rebuild a rebuilt engine. The one thing that struck me was that it
didn't have one single lock washer in it. It didn't even have the locking
tabs. How cheap could they get. Those that need a rebuilt engine should at
least tear down what they have, then they will see how simple these little
engines really are. Once you tackle the engine you'll have the confidence
for for almost anything.
...Art