Re: Engine rebuilds

To: mgb.roadster@juno.com
Subject: Re: Engine rebuilds
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 00:27:31 EDT
On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 21:35:29 -0600 mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
writes:

>On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 07:19:10 +0800 George Merryweather
><georgem1@asiaonline.net.tw> writes:
>
>>I can pull and replace an MGA motor probably quicker than most, maybe
>>even faster than...(gasp!)...Barney!
>>
>>George Merryweather
>
>George, George, George, now you've gone and done it.
>
>Barney are you going to step up to the plate?

No.  I've been in his shop.  He has an engine hoist.  Takes me 1 hr 50
min single handed, 1 hr 30 min with help.  But I suppose I could rush it
if nedded.

OBTW, here's a trick for the wrenching enthusiast.  My MGA bonnet is held
on with thumb screws.  #10-32 UNF x 5/8 Socket head cap screws with 5/8"
diameter knurled plastic knob head caps pressed on to them.  Bonnet can
be hung on the wall in 3 minutes -- reinstalls on the car in 5 minutes
including alignment.  The knurled plastic caps were $4.80 for 100 pieces
at a fastener house (well, a few years ago).

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude