Re: 1500 Bottom End Rebuild

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Bottom End Rebuild
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:14:07 -0400
Dave,

The bolts that came out are black and approx 3/8" diameter.  They have a
shoulder about 1/4" down from the head before the threads start.  Do you
still think a nuts and bolts place has them?  The last time I went local
for something for my "MG" the guy thought I was talking about "Mitsubishi=
"

Message text written by INTERNET:MGDAVE@aol.com
>Torque would be a function of bolt diameter.  Use "grade 8"  only. They'=
re
black , and have very high tensile strength.
Get them from local nut & bolt house.  Cheaper AND better than what Moss
sells. =

I believe it's  45-50 ft/lb for 3/8"  30-35 for 5/16" and 20-25 for 1/4" =
=2E
Just going for memory. Check in your workshop manual.<