Re: 1500 Bottom End Rebuild

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Bottom End Rebuild
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:14:12 -0400
Vince,

Wow!  Good job you mentioned that!!  I had marked the caps from where the=
had come from (ie # 1 and 4) but I was only 70% sure about their end to e=
nd
orientation.  Fortunately, MOWOG, the God of Pain, smiled on his humble
servant and pointed out that the con rod ends are slightly different - on=
is squarish and the other is definitely rounded - this difference is
"impressed" on the caps.  So now i know for certain which way round they
go.  (I had them right in the first place but now I'm a 100% certain)

Thanks, pal       Adrian

Message text written by "Vince J. Pujalte"
>Before you proceed any further, make SURE that you index each of the =

bearing caps so that they go on =

 (1) the same bearings they came off of, AND =

 (2) in the same end-to-end orientation.
  Swapping  a bearing cap end-to-end or installing on the wrong place in =

the block is a big no-no.<