Oil flow route in MGB engine?

Subject: Oil flow route in MGB engine?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 03:29:58 +0000
In the interests of troubleshooting my recent engine woes, I'd like
to find out more about the oiling system.  Can anybody tell me the
exact path the oil takes through a 18V engine?  Please include the
filter, oil pressure relief valve, and cooler in the path.  I'd
especially like to know where the oil pressure gauge sender is in the
path as well.
        Also, where does the oil go when the oil pressure relief valve
opens?  Is it possible for the main bearings to be completely starved
of oil and still have pressure on the gauge?  Somebody mentioned oil
galley plugs on the bottom of the engine.  What are they, where are
they located, how many are there, and what would the effects be if
they were missing?
        I don't know what I'd do without you guys (and gals).  If the
Karmic law holds true, we're going to have to find a way for all of
you to simultaneously win the Publisher's Clearing house sweepstakes!
Scott