Re: Rebuilt to dead in 1200 miles--update

To: Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: Rebuilt to dead in 1200 miles--update
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 12:41:53 -0400 (EDT)
        If your crank has been damaged again the machine shop can save it
by adding metal to the crank, so no worry there. Make sure the mechanic
cleans all the oil ways and disassembles the pump. Whenever an engine
spins a bearing like yours did metal  particles will be throughout the
engine and a simple wash down won't clean them all out. Also when the
crank is turned that to needs to be cleaned out.
...Art