Re: engine considerations

To: ninab@scoresheet.com
Subject: Re: engine considerations
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 19:33:05 -0600
Nina, I think a complete rebuild ought to cost about $700 to $800 for
mechanic labor, including in and out of the car. In addition you will
need about $1200 to $1600 in parts and machine shop.  Total bill $1900 to
$2400.  If you pay any more than this the rest goes right into the
mechanics pocket.

Another option is to buy  a used, but running, engine.

Lets see what the list thinks; or heck ask Scott Gardner, he just went
through this ,,,,,,,,, twice.  (Sorry Scott)

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas