Re: engine considerations

To: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>, mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Subject: Re: engine considerations
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 13:27:48 -0700
At  1:20 PM 10/23/97 -0500, Mike Hartwig wrote:

>I'll have spent around $1000 in parts and machine shop work for my '70 B.
>Free labor puts total at $1000.  Consider rebuilding yourself.
>It's rewarding and you get to learn a lot.  Plus you get grease all over your
>hands.  Cooool!
>
>jay

Yeah, and I'll get the added experience I always felt I missed out on as a
high schooler - auto shop!!  I made the mistake of taking cooking instead.
Seriously, with the expertise of this list, and the MG friends made in the
past year, I'm seriously considering doing it myself.  Just have to set up
a workbench and save enough out of my monthly budget to afford the parts.
Wish me luck!     Nina