FW: MGB - replacing ignition switch, need advice...

To: mgs
Subject: FW: MGB - replacing ignition switch, need advice...
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 16:22:31 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Joe Peck
<peck@cyberage.com>]]

     Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 17:10:04 -0500 (EST)
     From: Joe Peck <peck@cyberage.com>
     Subject: MGB - replacing ignition switch, need advice...

Hi all,

I'm replacing the ignition switch and lock on my '80 B and have a
couple of questions.

The parts that Moss sent me doesn't match the original too well -
the old switch has five wires with a sixth attaching to the lock
mount on the steering column (probably a ground wire, although it
appears to be green/white color coded).  The new switch has only four
wires, and the location of what I think is the ground attachment wire
is slightly different than on the old lock.  Anyone out there dealt
with this before?  I'm reasonably certain I ordered the correct parts.

Also, it appears that I have to drill out the two bolts holding
the original ignition switch lock to the steering column.  Am I right?
Is there an easier way to remove the old ignition lock from the steering
column?

BTW - I'm replacing this because the old lock is getting difficult to
use - can't get the key out, very difficult to turn (takes two hands).

Cheers,
joe
mgnut@cyberage.com