Re: Wanted!

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: Wanted!
From: Peter Landy <plandy@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 00:20:53 -0700
Benjamin Ruset wrote:

> Okay - I just got some money, and I'm ready to throw it all away on a B! =)
>
> If anybody knows / has something like the following, let me know:
>
> MGB
> 1971 - 1974 (Chrome) (will take Rubber, though...)
> Mileage irrelevant
> Body: Must be in one piece. Minor rust okay. No bondo (preferred) Paint
> irrelevant.
> Interior: Must be semi-decent (eg: faded dash okay, small tears in seats okay)
> OD prefered
>
> Mechanics must be in okay shape as well. Basicly, the car needs to run
> reliably (on all four cylinders!) and be generally intact.
>
> All this in the NJ/NY area.
> Oh, and around the $1000 mark. Yeah, I know - "Keep dreaming..."

I am from Brooklyn, NY and I can tell you at least from personal
experience you won't find anything even close to what you're hoping for
at least not in the NY/NJ areas.  Here in the North East rust is
extremely prevalent.  So even if you find say a '77 roadster with decent
interior and engine you can bet your wallet that the floorboards under
and above, including the rocker panels have rusted beyond recognition.
So I've opted on paying a little more for less rust because most of my
skills are over the mechanical side.  Good luck to your MG hunting
adventure.

'74 BGT
Peter Landy