Paint Availability

To: ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu
Subject: Paint Availability
From: SHedman123@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 20:22:32 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Listers:
I have heard that certain types of paint will no longer be available after
the first of the year. Does anyone know anything about this situation?
If it were true, it seems like it might be a good idea to purchase some of
the colors that you are contemplating using in the not too distance future.
Not to mention a few extra gallons of black if that is affected.
I remember when Rustoleum changed the formula for their zinc chromate......
the new stuff just doesn't work as well. I have parts that my husband painted
20 years ago with the old zinc chromate stuff and it holds up just
great........ the new stuff looks like junk after 2-3 years.
Same with some reds........ and chrome plating...... and cadmium plating...
etc. etc.
I am also told (rumor) that the old formula is still being used in Canada
(obligatory international co-operation mention to avoid trade war). If
someone (and you know who you are Trevor) can get me the details on the can,
I will check it out at my end and compare.
Same with some reds....... chrome plating......... cadmium plating.........
etc. etc.

"Midget" Susan