On the horns of a dilemma

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: On the horns of a dilemma
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 18:35:53 -0600
Here's a (t)horny problem:

My MGA's horns sounded sick lately and eventually became non-existent.
So I took them apart, cleaned the contacts, cleaned all the connections,
etc.  Once I had done that, I hooked them up to the wires without
installing them and they sound great!

The problem?  Once I bolt the right one to the chassis, they both stop
working.  Seems I got a short somewhere.  Any ideas as to the first place
to look?  It seems like there must be short against the horn housing
itself, but I can't see anyplace that is an obvious candidate.

Any ideas?

David Littlefield
Houston, TX