Re: MG Mistique

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MG Mistique
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 27 Oct 1997 10:08:11 -0600
In <199710270058.SAA13983@prtel.com>, Mike Donoho wrote:

>On a more technical note, can someone tell me how to remove a splined hub
>from the axle?
>Thanks.

They are pressed on.  You need to remove the cap first, which is a
trick in itself.  I drilled a small hole in mine and use a hook kinda
thing.  You then need (a) a BF hydraulic press (10 ton or so) and (b)
a piece of stock that will fit between the splines, something like 1"
round steel about 8" long.  Becasue of the need for the press, this is
something best done by a machine shop (both removal and installation).

                        A. B. Bonds