RE: lots of stuff (tiny MG content)

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: lots of stuff (tiny MG content)
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 08:02:15 -0800
There was a time in the late 70s, early 80s when rock music rebelled
from the disco/glitter/punk era and returned to good, short, listenable
tunes.  This was spearheaded by several British groups like the Records,
Bram Tchaikovsky, Joe Jackson, etc.  I have heard it referred to as New
Wave or Power Pop.  The best recent example of this genre is by a group
called The Outfield. It's filled with lots of ringing guitar work and
catchy tunes that stick in your head.

This stuff is great MG driving music.  I like to salt these songs in
with my favorite 60s stuff by the Who, Byrds, etc. when making car
tapes.  It fits right in.  Anyone else remember that era?

By the way, there is not only one, but TWO songs written about MGB-GTs.
One by a British folk artist named Richard Thompson, and another by the
ex-Monkee Peter Tork.

Cheers, Paul Kile