Re: Zenith Carb Rebuild? (was "Won't Start...)

To: Jamey Harris <jameyh@charles.stanford.edu>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Zenith Carb Rebuild? (was "Won't Start...)
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 07:14:13 -0800
Jamey:

There is a miniscule O ring at the bottom of the tube in the carb piston.
It is held in place by an equally small star washer. You mest devise a
small wood tool to remove the star washer, so that you can change the O
ring. If this O ring is bad, and they usually are, then it allows the carb
to suck the oil our of the tube. Then you have to keep topping it up at
frequent intervels. This is a very touchy fix, but important.