Re: Engine Oil

To: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Subject: Re: Engine Oil
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:01:59 -0800
Bob:

No, my Volvo is not a diesel, but I use the marine oil due to the fact that
it is the only 15-40 engine oil that Amsoil makes. It just has an extra
additive to combat moisture.
Synthetic oil has no contaminants when new. Mineral oil always has some. No
matter how much they refine it. Things such as sulpher and wax.All Airplane
jet engines use synthetic oil, due to it ablility to withstand heat. As I
stated, you can extend the drain periods somewhat. THe color of the oil is
not important. All detergent oil will darken . The additive package is
doing its job. If you have excessive blowby from the crankcase, The oil
will darken faster.

Cheers: