Suppository Tools

To: "(unknown)" <BRITISH-CARS-PRE-WAR@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Suppository Tools
From: JOHN HARDY <hardwire@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 17:21:15 -0400
dear all,

               since I started faffing about with cars I have been sucker=
ed
into buying tools from time to time which are about as much use as a
chocolate teapot. Upon realising that the said tool will not perform the
task as described nor any other task I might as well shove up my a**e.
Hence my title.

  I have many happy memories of various instruments fraudulently describe=
as a "breakthrough" or a "pricebuster" or generally the best thing since
sliced bread. Chief amonst these are Aircraft Snips which I purchased.
After using them twice they dissassembled themselves into their constitue=
nt
parts with the bastard size nut rolling under the bench to oblivion.   Th=
en
the was the air die grinder that refused to operate after one attempt at
operation. I took it apart when I came across it lying in a corner where
I'd thrown it and it wasn't even machined inside. In general now I never
ever buy anything that was apparently made east of Germany. (the steel
employed in these climes is an alloy of pig iron, coal and various grades=

of dung. animal and human) =

 I still have a drawer full of clamps that don't, drills that didn't and
squares that aren't. =

  Anyone else been suckered???

                              Yours, as always, JH

       =