Power Tuning

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Power Tuning
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 21:39:43 -0500
Looking for some subjective opinions here.  I am sure that all would agree
that an increase in compression ratio will yield an increase in H.P.
output.  My question regards bang for the buck.  Given an engine with an
8.0 to 1 compression ratio, vs. the same engine with a 9.0 to 1 ratio, what
% of increase would be expected.  I am laying out my plans (and budget) for
my winter project, namely extracting more from a stock 77 B mill (sans
emissions, add Weber DGV).  Trying to weigh the relative gain to be had by
swapping to higher comp. pistons vs. stock (without any other mods, for
comparison sake).  I have confidence that many have opinions, and
potentially similar experience, so please pass along your ideas.

Regards,

Chris