RE: Power Tuning

To: mgs-owner <mgs-owner@Autox.Team.Net>, mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Power Tuning
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:47:00 -0800 (PST)
You will get about a 2% increase in HP. Increasing the compression ratio has
a greater effect if you have a longer duration cam. If you're having a run
on problem now, expect it to get worse. If you're using a DGV you can
purchase an electric idle circuit cutoff solenoid that you hook up to your
ignition. When you shut off the ignition it cuts off the fuel limiting
runon. Use high octane gas. The late model head is an open type combustion
chamber where the older head is a closed type. So even though the
compression ratio may be the same they will not behave the same. Valve size
was different too. I believe the higher compression pistons will only bring
you up to 8.8 : 1 you would have to cut the head a bit to achieve 9:1

Chris Reichle
creichle@nsc.msmail.miami.edu