Re: Stripped Alloy Bolt Hole

To: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Stripped Alloy Bolt Hole
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 00:18:57 -0800
Adrian Jones wrote:
> Can you save this wretched, clueless individual from blowing up one of Her
> Majesty's vehicles?  Do you know where he may purchase a tube of  "Instant
> Bolt Hole" ?  Or what?

Has anyone suggested the product called heli-coil or something like that?  I
think
it's some stupid-looking little spring thingy that is installed into your
stripped
hole by using a special tool, effectively rethreading your hole.  Think they
come in
a pack of about 20.  I know they have just about every size, so finding the
right one
wouldn't be a problem.  Try looking through your hardware store in the
taps/dies
section.

--
Michael S. Lishego