Alternatives to TC Air cleaner

Subject: Alternatives to TC Air cleaner
From: "Dave Ahrendt" <ahrendt@agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:00:02 -0500
I'm trying this again since I don't think my original posting ever made it
out.
I never saw it in the digest. I think the new Microsoft Outlook Express
should
be called LookOut! Express...

Hi all,

I've been thinking about alternates to the current non throwaway air filter
on my TC.  I want to keep the car "original" so I don't want to put on
pancake filters, etc.  Has anyone looked into gutting the TC canister and
inserting a modern filter?  Looking at the canister I wonder just how much
filtering
is done anyways.

Anyways, the original filter canister is 4-3/16 diameter and about 8" long.
The only
air intake into the cleaner is via some slots around the upper edge of the
canister so the
depth of the element is not that important.  Since the top of the canister
comes off
I'm thinking of inserting a filter element and possible holding in in place
with
some silicone.

Regards, Dave

'46 MG-TC 0524