FW: Own a Piece of british-cars History!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FW: Own a Piece of british-cars History!
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 15:51:55 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 12:51:00 -0800
     From: Scott Fisher <sfisher@KalSoft.com>
     Subject: Unreasonable request

For sale: The Green Car.  Check the archives if you don't know what that
means.  This may well be the best-documented car on the Internet.  My
own collection of articles about this car run to 286 pages in hardcopy.
You can find out when I bought it, what I did with it, what work I've
done to it, where I've driven it, and probably more than I can remember
right now about this car, its place in the British-Cars on-line
community, and many more pieces of the list's collective history.

It's not running at present, but it's got some very cool stuff on it,
mainly Chris Kantarjiev's killer head, the Piper Blueprint 285 cam, new
.030-over pistons, and a nice duplex timing chain.  I'll throw in a
spare head, too, an 11.5:1 race head based on a '65 B, the one I used
for driver's school and my two races in 1991 when this block was in The
Black Car.

The crank, I believe, is the problem; it's from the '72 parts car I
bought in Reno in 1990.  '72, you may recall, is the year that British
Phlegmsucking Leyland went to the cheaper alloy; you could get the car
running very cheaply by replacing the bearings, but I suspect the crank
itself either flexes or has some other problem which is why I keep
ruining the bearings (I've replaced them three times already, and I'm
tired of it.)

Offers around $1313 (hey, it's almost Hallowe'en!) will get you some
very trick hardware in a solid, rust-free and complete (if somewhat
scratched) body, two clear titles (one a '64, one a '71), and sundry
other bits, including a manifold to mate a 45DCOE Weber to a B Series
engine.  I'm planning to keep the centre-lock alloys and A008RSs, as
well as the 45DCOE, for a future project.

The car is located in Sunnyvale, California.

Please direct any replies, inquiries, and reasonable counter-offers to:

sfisher@kalsoft.com
sfisher@living-history.org
(408) 736-3124 between 7 - 9 PM Pacific Standard Time
(408) 260-3062 between 8:30 AM - 6 PM PST

P.S.  This is not a severely out-of-phase April Fool's posting.  The
time, simply, has come...

--Scott Fisher