Re: gudgeon pins- or is it?

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: gudgeon pins- or is it?
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:07:50 -0800
miker15@juno.com wrote:

> Then i realised that i was running on a bit more than half choke! - I
> stressed the engine a bit by
> slowing down then accelerating up a hill in top - no pinking, i then
> pushed the choke in and did it again
> the pinking returned though not as bad as usual.
> i completed the journey with no choke and whilst there was some noise it
> was less than usual
> this morning on full choke - and with a full tank - nothing......<snip>
> The car always runs on 93 octane so nothing has changed there

Does your car have a high compression set of pistons in it?  I could be wrong,
but I
think that running high octane gas in a low compression engine causes pinking,
doesn't it?  Was your car running hot when it was pinking?
Someone help me out - I'm not totally positive on this topic!
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College