Re: Mgb Banjo Tool

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mgb Banjo Tool
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:43:22 -0500
I just went through this trying to yank the crankshaft pulley off my
'74.  I went to all the tool and auto parts shops in town and no one
could help me find the 1 5/16" socket to rent or buy.  Fortunately, I
have a friend who works in a spring refurbishing shop.  They work on a
great deal of large trucks, and he had one of these sockets in his
toolbox - and couldn't remember the last time he used it.  So it sits in
my garage until I have to put the pulley back on, and then I'll return
it.

The upshot is, see if you can find a service shop that works on large
machinery.  If they can't loan you the tool, maybe they can hook you up
with their tools supplier.

Best of luck.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - temporarily at piece.  (Well, in pieces really.)

P.S.  I'm temporarily on the digest.  Forgive me if this comes too late.

From: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Subject: Mgb Banjo Tool

I need to pull off the wheel bearing hubs, but need a decent source for
that special 1 61/64 inch socket...