Re: MGF anyone?

To: "Nory" <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: MGF anyone?
From: Philip Raby <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 97 17:42:54 +0000
On 31/10/97 2:34 pm Nory said

>I don't care much for the looks of the MGF (blasphemy!) but I really
>liked the RV8.  Any rumors about any of those coming over here?  Does
>anybody know if they can be legally imported?  Probably not, eh?

The RV8 is no longer in production =AD it was a limited edition car. =
However, I see no reason why you couldn't export a secondhand one. =
You'd have to alter lights etc to suit US regulations. Oh, and as far =
as I know, they were all right-hand-drive. Another problem is that =
most went to Japan. The UK ones hold their value very well, so your =
wallet would be in for a shock.

A more practical solution would be to build an MGB V8 and add RV8 =
body panels. I believe these are available new and will fit onto a =
Heritage shell. Again, not cheap but you could build a car to your =
own specifications.

There's such a car going to be in Issue Three of MG World. It's an =
MGB GT with RV8 body panels, 300bhp and 0-60mph in under 5 seconds. =
Sounds fun eh?

It's interesting taht you don't like the look of the F. When the =
design was cliniced in the US it did not go down well. Americans =
prefer the look of the Z3, which in spirit, is closer to a =
traditional MG. I've driven both cars though, and I have to say that =
the F is far superior (and no, I'm not being biased). Apoligies to =
everyone from North Carolina :-)

Hope this is of help.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk