Re: $20k MGB

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: $20k MGB
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 19:17:15 -0500
Kai Radicke wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> Saw this today:
>
> "Finest Early MGB in USA
> 1966 red MGB for sale. MG has been featured in several magazines.
> Professionally rebuilt over two years with all NOS parts, no reproduction..
> Cloth top, detailed engine and truck.This car has won several awards around
> USA.
> Dayton wire wheels with Avon tires. Over $30,000 invested.
> Sell for $20,000 or b/o. "
>
> Now even I know that there is NO MGB (original!, non-v8) worth $20,000!
> I'd say the best MGBs in this area are selling for $12-13,000.  Do people
> buy MGBs for this price?
>
> Kai

Indeed they do! BUT, remember, people with a lot of disposable income
tend to do things like that.  Having looked at several concourse quality
MGBs in the UK, I can attest that there are many, many MGBs in pristine
condition that are available at far less than what this yoyo wants for
his car.  I suspect that regardless of the condition, this fellow merely
wants to salvage some of his investment.

Chalk this up to "no love lost". Any enthusiast knows what his MG is
worth and money isn't it.

Cheers,

Michael Ohleger
'67 MGB