Re: Dwell Meters and Positive Ground Electrics

To: RatiganJ@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dwell Meters and Positive Ground Electrics
From: JMerz140@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 23:05:28 -0500 (EST)
I went for years with the mistaken idea that we couldn't use a regular
dwellmeter on our positive ground cars and just recently learned differently.
 One of the more knowledgeable guys on the MG BBS pointed out the error of my
thinking and I bought a Sears model for $29.  I connected it to the car in
reverse of the directions on the meter.  That is, I connected the lead for
the distributor to the + ground and connected the wire intended for the
ground to the distributor and it all worked fine.  The car runs much better
and I learned that my mechanical tach connected to the generator indicates
about 100 RPM too high!   Nuff sed.  Jim