Re: OD engagement light

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: OD engagement light
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 23:06:53 -0500 (EST)

> At 09:30 PM 10/29/97 -0800, Steve & Carol Welch wrote:
>  >Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes!  O/D is worth it!  If you
daily-drive
>  >your car as I did for a year, and in your commute log a large number of
>  >freeway miles, it's a must have!  Without it, deafness reigns.  With it,
>  >only slight impairment :-).  I have had (so far) no problems with my O/D.
>  >If, however, I only drove the car on weekends and for nice little twisty
>  >road jaunts (O.K., I can dream as well as anybody!) then not having O/D
>  >would probably be fine.
>  >
>  >Just my $.02...
>  >
>  >Steve (eh, wot's that?  can't hear ya.) Welch
>  >'67 MGB roadster
>  >'95 Contour SE
>  >

Just try out a TD with a standard rear end and I guarantee you'll never
complain
about your non-OD B again. The other day I was playing around in 2nd driving
the
wife's new Olds Achieva. After several glances at the speedo and tach, I
realized:
Hey, this is fourth gear on the TD!

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - finally home after 2 years in shop, AMGBA #96-12029