Re: 1960 MGA Basketcase

To: Mike Hartley <mganut@accucomm.net>
Subject: Re: 1960 MGA Basketcase
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 17:41:16 -0500 (EST)
You can get an assembled project car for $2000 and would know what you
were getting. A basket case will be hard for the owner to sell. If it's
rusted much I would pass on it myself. Even if it is not rusted you can
count on not driving it for a few years (if ever). I would suggest waiting
until a rust free car comes along. Even if you had to fly to the south
somewhere to get one and ship it home it would still be worth it. Don't
forget time is money and you can spend a whole lot of both on a basket
case. Lets say you can get it for $500 and spend two years putting it
together. In the middle of the project you find just what you are looking
for but now you have your project, what do you do? There are a lot of
missed opportunities because people are in this position. Buy a driver and
fix it as you go. Thats my HO.
...Art