Engine Vibration

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine Vibration
From: "Foley, Tim (CAP, ITS, US)" <TFoley@gecits.GE.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 11:46:49 -0600
        Thanks for all the help.  The exhaust seemed to be where to
look, considering all the speed bumps I have had to creep over lately.
But Keith Langan put me on the right track:

        "I had the same kind of problem.  It turned out to be the hood
(bonnet)
        shaking.  All you need to do is adjust the spring on the latch
(presuming
all your rubber bumpers around the hood/bonnet are still there.
Cheers!"

This led me to think:  Some nice person backed into my hood back in
January parking with their ears.  BASTARD!!  It did not do any other
damage other than denting the nose of the hood.  I think it was a pickup
truck with a steel bumper. Just recently, the aluminum trim piece
finally snapped where it was bent in.  I just took the loose trim off.
End of noise!!  Thank you.

All is well except I developed a serious leak from my rear float bowl
driving home.  Something tells me fuel on a hot manifold is a bad thing.
No casualties, but some major fumes.
Does anyone recommend the Grose Jets??

Thanks again
Tim Foley