Re: MGF in America: The Real Reasons Why Not

To: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Subject: Re: MGF in America: The Real Reasons Why Not
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 11:29:41 -0800
David Knowles wrote:
> At the Frankfurt Motor Show,
> BMW was making great play of the fact that with the Z3 and the MGF it
> has cornered the biggest slice of the sports car market pie. Future
> MG's, however, will be looked at within the overall BMW group policy.

Wait a minute...This last sentence scares me a little...Does anyone else see an
implication that the new MG's will complement BMW roadsters, styling or
otherwise?
I'd hate to see a badge-engineered MGG that shares the design of the BMW
Z3...But, if
they were selling them around the states, and I had my druthers, I'd probably
buy one
anyway...

"You can tell by the puddles he leaves on the garage floor that this is one
happy
little car." - My bastardization of the Volkswagen commercial.
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College