Re: MGF in America: The Real Reasons Why Not

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGF in America: The Real Reasons Why Not
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 22:24:18 -0500
At 09:03 AM 11/8/97 +1100, you wrote:

>Please never try for the US market.  Re-designing for the US market
>destroyed the MGB, the E Type Jaguar and most of the following Jaguars, the
>SD1 Rover.  So please let the Japs, the Germans and your local producers
>meet your requirements and hands off a lovely driver's car.
>Graham
>97 MGF

The requirements that 'destroyed' the B etc. are now very nearly EVERYONE's
requirements. The only things the American market demands now that puzzles
many others? Automatics and CUPHOLDERS. Cupholders that hold really BIG
containers of our favorite beverages. Nobody loves cars like Americans (or
Canadians for that matter -- known to the rest of the world as faux
Americans;-) -- come on guys, it's a JOKE. . .anyways, we practically live
in our cars. That explains why so many of 'em are nearly as big as houses.
 Oh, btw not many of us really want a 'lovely' driver's car. Bitchin',
awesome, kick-ass, and so on, but 'lovely', nah.

Michael, New Bern, NC, just your basic average lookin' driver.