Re: Why would petrol companies oppose SB42?

To: pat bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Why would petrol companies oppose SB42?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 22:04:37 -0500
pat bailey wrote:
> They are NOT telling us that MTBE is getting in the
> ground water and is polluting it

  Sorry if I am always picking on you Pat, but frankly this
is too steeped in hypocrisy to swallow.

  It's silly how you'll scream no end that environmentalists
are using enviro-scare tactics as an excuse to do what they want
to do, and so on and so on.

  Then when it supports your cause, you become "the choking
baby" that needs protection from the evils of pollutants.

  It seems that rather than looking at the facts and deciding
whether what you want to do is right or wrong, you decide
what you want to do and then scramble for whatever arguments
support it.

  Pollution isn't important, in fact it's your God given right
when it comes time to drive your car. However, when it means
you have to run gas you don't like, you don the Birkenstocks
and start the crusade.

> And trevor,if you want to flame me do it in private not on the
> list.

  Gosh, I'm honoured. Since this isn't a flame but a serious
comment, I see no reason not to post.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada