Bushings & Brushes

To: "MG TeamNet" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bushings & Brushes
From: "Tripp Household" <sawhorse@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 13:36:27 -0500
Two Questions:
I am rebuilding front end on my '80 B. I drove the lower fulcrum pin
bushing out and installed a new bushing using a bushing driver and hammer.
I drove the new bushing into the kingpin with the same driver and
apparently created some distortion since the new distance tube will not fit
into the new bushing. The distance tube OD appears to be .740". To what ID
should I have the bushing reamed to insure proper clearance ?

I am looking for replacement motor brushes for the Lucas radiator fan
motors. Motors are in servicable condition except for brush wear. Has
anyone had any luck replacing brushes and if so, where did you get the
brushes?

Thanks, Joe Tripp
'80 & '75 Roadsters