Hey Look / A red one!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hey Look / A red one!
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:24:33 -0600 (CST)
Was under car at 7 A.M., Carb adjustment at 7:15, Replaced rear light
lens, ran car for a while to see if auto choke would bring idle down
after warm up. New York State Department of Motor Vehicles at 8:15
(they open at 8:30), Registered by 8:45, plates installed by 9:15,
filled new gas tank 9:20 and was a cruising dude by 9:23. It was this
car's first road run in five years and it ran quite well. Lots of
straightening out to do on this one. Mostly electrical stuff. There is
no tape on any of the under bonnet wiring. PO was a twist and tape kind
of guy. Almost everything works but I really most do something about
things like the fuel pump being powered by a length of lamp cord and
looped under a fuse end prior to being snapped into fuse block. Got no
hazard lights (do have directions). Have no working "ignition" dash
warning light. But the worst thing is I have no sound out of the left
door speaker :-). It's a Red 77' and will make for a nice around towner
till all the kinks are ironed out. Was very strange going from the 77
to the 75 this evening, whole different ride. Not that one is better
than the other, just different. Nice to have 2 running again (3 if you
count my son's 72). Had enough? good, cause I'm finished for now.
Safety Fast, David Deutsch