Re: Messages repeating?

To: Der schwarze Buccaneer <js-allen@students.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: Messages repeating?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 20:48:41 -0500
Der schwarze Buccaneer wrote:

> I seem to be receiving and sending multiple copies of the same message
> whenever I write to the list.  Sorry, but I'm not sure exactly what I'm
> doing wrong .

  You aren't doing anything wrong. If you look at the
header of this message you'll notice I am sending to
both you and the list.

  Most people reply this way, the net effect is that
you get one right away from me and in a few minutes
one from the list.

  You will find you'll get doubles of messages in
any thread you are involved in, since your name
tends to stay in the header for a long time as
everyone keeps replying.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada