Re: Women....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Women....
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 01:47:43 +0000
Is this one of those off-topic things that 'they' graciously allow now
and then? Well, here is my formula:

Warn her in advance:
1.) Its a convertible, dress approrpiately.
2.) It ain't fancy but it has a personality.
3.) We ain't going anywhere special.

If she's still game, get her into the car and immediatley head to the
outskirts on the types of roads where cars are fun. Plan out at least 30
minutes of seat time to get to a road house that sells moderate food and
cold beer. Try to include a scenic spot to do nothing on the way back.

If she'll talk to you the next day, she might be a keeper. If she
whines, dump'er. Possible exceptions could be her net worth and
tolerence for diversions.

But life is too short. A willing navigator is a great companion. The
journey is the destination and the rest are just distractions. Quality
is in the time spent; wealth is the memories discovered.

I'm pretty lucky. The lady likes the roadsters better than I do and her
daily driver is a stick by choice. As long as I will fix it, she is
happy to drive or  navigate and it don't really matter too much where.

The offspring are a different story entirely...
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"Don't sweat the small stuff and almost all of the stuff is small."