Re: Idiot's Guide to the MGA?

To: CyberKermi@aol.com
Subject: Re: Idiot's Guide to the MGA?
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:22:12 -0600
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997 22:24:48 -0500 (EST) CyberKermi@aol.com writes:

>I would really like to find a simple "Idiot's" guide to restoring the
>MGA...what's the most user friendly manual available?
>
>I'm looking for something like the legendary "How to Keep Your
>Volkswagen
>Alive Forever" by John Muir....but of course for the MGA.

Ain't no such animal, unfortunately.  I know because I own almost all the
books there are on the MGA.  The so-called "restoration guides" mostly
just show you how the car should look when you are finished, not how to
get there.  The one book you must have is the A-Antics Tech Manual.  This
is a collection of technical articles that have appeared in NAMGAR's MGA!
magazine and other club newsletters over the past twenty years or so.  It
is invaluable for helping you perform specific tasks, like installing the
upholstery.  It is not a step-by-step guide for restoration, but it is
well organized and extremely helpful.  I don't have the particulars on
the address to order it on hand, but maybe another list member can help.
If not, email me privately and I'll dig it out for you.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX