Paradise By The Dashboard Light

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Paradise By The Dashboard Light
From: "J. Neil Doane" <root@yeah.indstate.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 02:07:53 -0600 (CST)
Just wondering...are the dashlights on MGs (er, rather, on my '73 'B)
supposed to be really dim?  I know there is an adjustment, but in the case
of my car this knob makes my dash lights go from really-dim to extra-dim
to off.  If this is abnormal, could it be the fault of the adjustment
knob?  Is there more than one light back there that might be burnt out?
...or is this something else altogether?  It'd be sortof nice to not have
to wait for my night vision to return every time meet another car on the
road before I can read my spedometer or to not have to flick a cigarette
lighter in front of my temp gauge to check the engine temp.

neil doane